We are excited to announce that the restoration of Adderton: house and heart of mercy has started.
Wilson Architects has been working closely with Integral Construction to investigate, prepare and commence the building works at Adderton: house and heart of mercy. Over the past few weeks the building preparation has revealed parts of the building we’ve never seen before, including (surprisingly!) a claw foot bath. Other work has uncovered original iron balustrades and pillars hiding behind a wall.
As the former All Hallows’ Convent, (which incorporates the 1858 Adderton House), is heritage listed, the work to restore and revitalise the buildings and site carefully follows best-practice heritage conservation processes.
More updates soon!